We are seeking a social media intern with experience in social media and/or marketing who is interested in advocating for psychotherapy. Through this volunteer experience, the intern will develop vital professional skills and networking contacts. We hope this will be a fun and interesting experience as we develop this organization. Please read below to find out we are looking for. If you don’t have all (or many) of the skills below, but are still interested, please feel free to apply.
THE ORGANIZATION: Moments of Meaning is a for-purpose movement devoted to demystifying psychotherapy. We passionately believe in the power of psychotherapy to bring healing and growth to human lives, and by consequence, the world. We are real therapists telling real stories about what really happens in psychotherapy. We are building an archive of human transformation to encourage deeper engagement within relationships and life. Our website is www.momentsofmeaning.org.
Social Media and Marketing Intern
This position would offer assistance with the digital media and marketing projects with Moments of Meaning and National Psychotherapy. In the process, the student will gain valuable experience in networking with professionals, advocacy, and web-based marketing. The intern will be expected to contribute up to five hours per week of social media outreach.
● Assist in the creation and implementation of marketing strategy and tactics for Moments of Meaning and National Psychotherapy Day
● Perform social media market research
● Collect and analyze marketing data to develop and adjust marketing plans
● Maintain good client relations through professionalism in all functions of customer
● Perform outreach on social media sites.
● Have a desire and be able to work in the following digital channels defined as:
○ Mobile Applications
○ Content Creation/Management
○ Media Planning/Buying
○ Social Media
DESIRED ATTRIBUTES & EXPERIENCE:
● Experience in marketing, advertising or communications desired
● Familiarity with all aspects of social media
● Passionate about psychotherapy
● Ability to communicate and maintain a professional demeanor
● Strong work ethic and positive attitude
● Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator skills preferred
● Highly organized and task oriented
● Excellent critical thinking skills
Please send resumes and cover letter to:
Drew Carr, Ph.D.
Social Media and Web Director
Moments of Meaning